Amazon has a nice Canadian credit card issued by Chase bank. I look at it as a cash-back card for heavy Amazon shoppers. It is a nice 2nd card to have to avoid foreign transaction fees.
Some of the benefits of this credit card include:
- A $15 Amazon.ca Gift Certificate will instantly be loaded into your Amazon.ca Account upon the approval of your credit card application
- No Foreign Currency Transaction Fees (this is a major bonus as most credit cards charge a 2.5% transaction fee on top of the exchange rate on US-dollar and other foreign currency transactions. This is worth it considering if you purchase outside of Canada a lot. $1000 of purchases would typically cost an extra $25 in transaction fees.
- No annual fee.
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on Amazon.ca
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else your card is accepted.
Some of the cons of the Amazon.ca rewards Visa card:
- Earn only on Amazon.ca shopping, no .com
- High interest rates.
- Paperless billing is not available