The Mass Tsang LLP is a criminal defense law firm that handle some basic criminal offences and provide legal services within Toronto. A Mass Tsang criminal lawyer has experience in handling traffic violation charges, theft and fraud charges, driving under the influence charges, drug charges, assault charges and many related offences. The firm’s lawyers in Toronto have successfully defended people in numerous complex cases and won their trust.
What is a criminal lawyer?
A criminal lawyer is also known as the criminal defence attorney and public defender. They work to defend individuals, organizations, companies, and entities that have been charged with a crime or a lawsuit. Criminal lawyers could also have their area of practice where they handle multiple criminal cases that include domestic violence crimes, sex crimes, violent crimes, drug crimes, and business fraud. They usually work for the local, state, and federal government or for private law firms depending on various factors. Lawyers that handle fraudulent business practices are known as consumer fraud lawyers.
Criminal lawyer skills & competencies:
To become a successful criminal lawyer, there are a few skills and competencies that one must adapt. Here we have listed a few.
- Communication is the first thing that a lawyer must know to do properly. The legal process involves a lot of writing, reading and talking, so, it is necessary to polish your communication skills.
- Cases are like puzzles, you must have investigative and research skills to establish a strong defensive for your client’s case.
- It is also important that you understand the state, federal, and local laws, court procedures and evidentiary laws while handling a particular case. So that the defendants could get a fair judgment.
- Lastly, he/she must be capable of handling stressful situations and prepared to face any kind of situation in the courtroom.
Criminal lawyer’s responsibilities:
A criminal lawyer goes through the legal process of making the case and presenting it in the court of law. This process involves a bunch of responsibilities and some of them are mentioned here. Have a look:
- The information gathering is an important aspect of any case. It would be a good idea to investigate the case of crime by collecting proof, evidence, witness, or other valuable information in person for the criminal lawyer. Some lawyers gather information themselves while some firms have their private detectives.
- They analyze the case laws, statutes, crimes codes, and procedural law to form their case.
- They will present and summarize criminal cases to judges and juries.
- Their ultimate goal is to show the defendant not guilty and innocent to get a minimum sentence, so they do their best to achieve that goal.
- Usually, when lawyers crack their case, they sit down with their client to explain the case proceeding, latest development, and to discuss favorable actions. This help the client to understand his/her limitation during the legal proceedings.
- All lawyers charge fee differently depending on the case complications.