Many people out there desperately want to be millionaires, and why wouldn’t they? While money may not buy happiness it can buy a better, less stressful and more fulfilled life. However, before you can be a millionaire you need to have the right strategy and know the reasons why you haven’t met this goal already. Who doesn’t wish to win the bucket of thick money? Unfortunately, this future ambition doesn’t get achieved by most people. And when you ask these people why, what you’ll hear are excuses — reasons why they haven’t made their first million.
Here are some reasons why most people never get to make their first million-
- You are scared of falling- Those who fear failure, never get to overcome it. And to accumulate great wealth, failure needs to be a part of the process. It is through failure that most of the successful people emerged today. So, instead of resisting failure, embrace it. And don’t see it as a blatant setback, but as you learning the ropes of what it takes to be a success.
- You work for someone else- When you work for someone else, you are essentially trading work for money. You either have so much time to trade. Or someone else is in charge of setting the worth of your time. So, while it’s not impossible to reach millionaire status while working for someone else, it doesn’t happen often. You need to find a way to start moving toward a more profitable way of spending your days, a way that pays you for your talent and ability rather than the number of hours you’ve worked or the amount your pay-grade says you’ve earned.
- You never act your own good ideas- You are scared that your ideas would fail. And this fear only takes you farther away from that millionaire status. Believe that you can succeed. The more you visualize yourself as a success, the closer you get to your goal. Sure, dreaming alone won’t make you a million, but it’s the first step. And if you lack motivation to dream, read books. You can start with “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill.
- You don’t believe in the power of money- As long as you keep seeing money as the enemy, all the points in this post will be of no use to you. How badly do you really want to be a millionaire? As you strive toward your goal, have these reasons at the top of your mind. Stay focused with the right mindset and you’ll be shocked at the feats you’ll achieve and the success you’ll attain. Don’t stop wanting it and with time, you’ll get it!
- Your goals are not defined- When your goals aren’t clear, you will be unable to take clear actions. And when your actions are fuzzy, being a millionaire becomes impossible. Find out what you want, plan how you will get there, and get to work.
- You associate with the wrong people- The popular saying, “show me your friends and I’ll tell you who you are” holds very true here. Are the people you’re working with striving to achieve the kind of goals you want to achieve or are they drawing you back? If the answers to these questions are negative, then your millionaire dream might not become a reality. Associate with people on the same mission as you because they are your support system. The right people will help make your journey easier and faster.
- You are afraid to step out of your circle- Once you create a boundary; you only limit yourself from what you can achieve. Your background or your qualifications can never prevent you from being successful. Individuals from some of the poorest families have become multi-millionaires today. If you think this untrue, read Oprah Winfrey’s grass to grace story. That should inspire you.
Now, think about how you see your money. Is it a means to an end? Or a strategic tool in your life plan arsenal?
See, think, analyze. What’s keeping you away from your first million?
Tina Roth writes about developing positive habits to help you live a rich and financial independent life. Her Personal finance ProFinanceBlog.Com is created to inspire people to explore more on frugal living and especially, to help you craft a financial secure life.