Are you still paying monthly service fees to your bank?
On the latest CBC Marketplace the episode showed that over 2/3 of Canadians still pay for bank fees to have a chequing account.
[highlight]STOP wasting your money.[/highlight]
There is absolutely no reason for you to continue paying those hated bank fees.
Here are three banks and/or credit unions that offer completely FREE chequing accounts with no charges for depositing and withdrawing your own funds.
Coast Capital Savings
With the High-interest, No-fee Savings Account™ you get a secure place to put your cash and one of the top rates in the country. You’ll never be asked to keep a minimum balance or pay a monthly fee. And nobody will stop you from accessing your cash – at least nobody who works at Coast Capital Savings.
- 1.20% interest rate
- Free unlimited transactions
- No monthly fee and no minimum balance required
- Free unlimited access to Coast Online® Banking
- Unrestricted access to your funds at a branch, online, by phone and at 2,400 ding-free ATMs across Canada
THRiVE Chequing™ is an online no-fee daily chequing account that actually pays you interest on every one of your hard earned dollars. A chequing account that actually works as hard as you do. What a concept! And THRiVE Chequing is loaded with all the features you’d expect from a regular chequing account and more.
They also offer unlimited debits and free use of ATMs on the EXCHANGE network.
One unique feature offered with Thrive Chequing is ING’s free 30-day “Whoops!” protection. This could save you both the embarrassment and punitive cost of bouncing a cheque. Rather than penalize their clients with an insufficient funds fee, ING will cover you for up to $250 — so long as you pay back the overdrawn funds within 30 days. Even if you don’t, they charge just a $2.50 late fee for every 30 days that your balance is below $0. The Whoops! service is available for future-dated bill payments, e-mail money transfers, pre-authorized debits, and cheques.
President’s Choice Financial no fee bank account
You get free unlimited daily banking. Period. You don’t have to keep a minimum balance. And you even earn interest on whatever balance you have.
Open a president’s choice financial no fee bank account today and pay $0 for:
- free daily banking – online and by phone, 24/7
- free transactions at over 3,400 President’s Choice Financial and CIBC bank machines
- unlimited cheques and free chequing
- free bill payments
- free Interac® Direct Payments
- free online access to your monthly statements (statements can be mailed to you for a small charge)
- free cheques and chequing
- free groceries and more when you use your President’s Choice Financial bank card and earn PC points at participating stores where President’s Choice® products are sold.
I have been a member of PC Financial for over 18 years now and I have been so pleased.
So don’t complain anymore about your bank when you have options out there for free!